Why the Best Collagen Wrinkle Cream Won’t Contain Collagen
You know that your skin needs collagen to maintain its youthful appearance.
However, if you want the very best collagen wrinkle cream, you may be surprised to discover that the best collagen cream won’t even contain collagen.
That’s right, there is absolutely no evidence that putting collagen into an anti-wrinkle cream will actually reduce or prevent wrinkles.
In fact, collagen molecules are believed to be too large to penetrate the skin and so remain on the skin’s surface where they are just washed away.
What You Should Find In An Effective Collagen Wrinkle Cream
What you should find in an effective collagen wrinkle cream are ingredients that actually encourage your skin to produce more collagen on its own. These ingredients include:
- Copper peptides
- Vitamins C and E
- Avocado Oil
- Grapeseed oil
While some ingredients such as keratin/Kinetin, copper peptides and retinol actually stimulate the production of collagen, other ingredients such as vitamin C, E, avocado oil and grapeseed oil contain anti-oxidants that help to reduce free radicals which can lead to wrinkles and fine lines.
Gycerin, other natural oils, and honey can help to soften and moisturize the skin. A moisturized skin is less likely to wrinkle and is healthier and younger looking than skin that lacks the necessary moisturizers.
Avoid Creams With Harmful ingredients
You not only need to know which ingredients are good for your skin and will encourage the production of collagen, you also need to know which ingredients in skin creams may actually be harmful to your skin and accelerate the aging process resulting in early fine lines and wrinkles. Some of these ingredients include:
- Parabens- Parabens are man made ingredients. They have been controversial with various sources stating that they may dry out and prematurely age your skin.
- Alcohol– Alcohol in skin care creams comes under a variety of names, but no matter what name you give alcohol, it can still serve to irritate your skin and rob it of moisture.
- Sodium Chloride– Imagine rubbing sodium chloride otherwise known as table salt into your skin day after day! Your skin will soon become exceedingly dry. Just because sodium chloride comes combined with other ingredients, it doesn’t mean that it is healthy for your skin.
- Synthetic colors/fragrances– Synthetic colors and fragrances are often added to wrinkle creams in order to make them look and smell nice so that consumers will be more likely to purchase them. However, these synthetic ingredients can cause skin irritations, allergic reactions, and cause damage and drying of the skin.
Finding a collagen wrinkle cream that has beneficial ingredients without containing any harmful components will take both time and perseverance but will be worth it when you find the right one.
Give Your Skin Cream A Helping Hand
Keep in mind that fighting wrinkles isn’t just a matter of finding the best skin cream on the market. You can give your collagen wrinkle cream a helping hand by living a lifestyle that is conducive to keeping those wrinkles at bay.
Here are some things you can do to help your skin cream keep your skin looking youthful:
- Stay hydrated- Keeping your skin hydrated from the inside out is one of the best ways to keep those wrinkles at bay and help your anti wrinkle serum do its job. Drink plenty of water each and every day, because youthful skin begins from the inside out.
- Add anti-aging foods to diet- Try consuming a few anti-aging foods such as green leafy vegetables, fruits especially berries that are high in anti-oxidants, and foods containing higher amounts of keratin. Nourishing your skin through the food that you eat will help your skin maintain its natural collagen levels longer.
- Get plenty of rest- Just like the rest of your body, your skin needs adequate amount of rest in order to recharge itself. So try to avoid stress as much as possible and get a good night’s sleep for the health of your skin.