Rosemary DIY Home Recipes For Skin And Hair
Rosemary is a woody fragrant herb which belongs to the mint family. When it comes to its beauty purposes, the rosemary plant and the rosemary essential oil have regenerative and toning skin benefits, boosting blood circulation and helping the skin look healthy.
In addition, its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties make it suitable for oily and acne prone complexions, cleansing and at the same time tightening skin pores.
Rosemary is perfect for toning the skin and that’s why one of my favorite face toners for oily and combination types of skin contains Rosemary. You can find more about it in my Pai Skin Care Review.
Rosemary is not only used in skin care but it is also very beneficial for the hair. So, let’s have a look at some more beauty benefits of rosemary:
- It works against hair loss since it boosts blood circulation, and it’s also good for dandruff.
- Strengthens, tones and hydrates hair.
- Effective against gray hairs.
- Used in aromatherapy.
- Good anti cellulite ingredient.
Rosemary can be used in home beauty recipes for your skin and hair in the form of rosemary essential oil or just using the plant’s needle like leaves. So, let’s have a look at some DIY recipes with rosemary that are free of alcohol.
Anti-wrinkle Rosemary Oil for Dry and Mature Types of Skin
- 3 spoons of sunflower oil.
- 3 spoons of wheat germ oil.
- 3 spoons of castor oil.
- 3 spoons of hazelnut oil.
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender.
- 1 teaspoon of linseeds.
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- 3 drops of cypress essential oils.
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
Warm up the essential oils for a while and then mix them all together. Put the rest of the ingredients in a glass jar and pour the essential oils over them while they are still lukewarm.
Leave the mixture in the jar for two weeks during which you have to shake it at least twice a day. After this period, filter the mixture and put it in a dark amber glass bottle with a glass applicator preferably.
Every night, you can apply 5-10 drops of this natural oil serum on clean areas of your skin such as your neck, face and area around eyes if first you have performed a patch test and have seen that you experience no irritation or allergy.
Perform a light massage using circular movements until the oil mixture absorbs.
DIY Rosemary Toner Against Acne
Rosemary toners that are free of chemicals are good products to keep the skin clear and more balanced, and therefore they are very appropriate for acne prone types of skin or oily and combination ones.
Here, we have a homemade rosemary toner recipe that you will find very useful.
- ¾ cup of water.
- 1 small branch of rosemary.
- 1 tablespoon of seeds of black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Boil the water and add the pepper and the rosemary in. When half of the water evaporates, remove from heat and let the mixture cool down. Put it in a clean glass spray bottle and add the apple cider vinegar.
You can use this natural toner in the morning and at night. It will be sufficient for around two weeks.
Hydrating Light Hair Mask with Rosemary Oil
This homemade hair mask recipe contains sheep yogurt which has more protein than other types of yogurt such as cow or goat yogurt and therefore, it nourishes the hair deeply without making it feel or look heavy.
- 1 pot of sheep yogurt.
- 5 spoons of virgin olive oil.
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil.
Mix all the ingredients well and apply this natural mask on dry hair. Leave it on for 4 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Finally, use a gentle shampoo to cleanse your hair properly.
Rosemary Oil Recipe for Hair Loss
Rosemary oil is good for hair loss as we have said, and there are lots of hair products that use rosemary because of its healthy hair benefits. Here, we have two recipes:
- In two spoons of sweet almond oil and a bit of wheat germ oil, add 2 drops of ylang ylang essential oil and 2 drops of rosemary essential oil. Use this mixture to apply a light massage to your scalp.
- In some laurel oil, which is good for cases of hair loss and hair growth, add 20 drops of rosemary essential oil and 10 drops of fresh lemon juice. Massage your scalp softly to boost circulation and let the mixture on for a few minutes.
Rosemary Body Oil against Cellulite
- 1 cup of virgin olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons of milk.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of thick salt.
- 3-4 drops of rosemary essential oil.
Mix all the ingredients together and before getting a bath, use this mixture to perform a massage on the areas of your body that you have cellulite.
DIY Foot Scrub with Rosemary and Mint
You can use this rosemary natural scrub every time you want to exfoliate your feet.
- 1 ½ cup of black sugar.
- ¼ cup of thick salt.
- 1 cup of virgin olive oil.
- 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- 5-10 drops of mint essential oil.
In a bowl, mix the sugar with the salt and the olive oil. Add half of the drops of the rosemary oil and half of the drops of the mint. Mix the ingredients well and then follow with the rest of the drops.
Mix everything together and when the scrub is ready, store it in a safety seal glass jar.
In conclusion, if you love rosemary and you want to enjoy its natural cosmeceutical benefits, these rosemary DIY home recipes for skin and hair can be a nice addition to your beauty routine.