Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion ReviewsLac Hydrin 5 Lotion reviews are quite positive relating to lac hydrin 5 lotion’s ability to treat all different types of dry skin conditions, slowly exfoliating the layers of dry skin and keeping it hydrated.
It has also been used in some cases to treat Keratosis Pilaris (those little goose bump type bumps on arms and the top of thighs that can contain ingrown hairs) as well as acne.
Some people use it to reduce their fine lines and wrinkles as well.
There is a variety of skin conditions such as Eczema, Xerosis, Ichthyosis Vulgaris that cause your skin to become dry, chapped, and start peeling. These conditions often times can itch to the point of causing pain.
In addition, some acne medications can cause your skin to dry out and become scaly as well. While most moisturizing lotions are of some help, few can relieve that dry itching feeling for long, and even fewer can actually exfoliate some of that dry skin to leave it looking less dry and healthy.
What Is Lac-Hydrin 5 Lotion
Lac Hydrin Lotion consists of a combination of Lactic Acid and Ammonium hydroxide and is known to work very effectively to exfoliate, soften and hold more moisture into the skin.
Lac Hydrin moisturizing lotion is practically odorless, goes on smoothly and doesn’t feel greasy, all of which is a plus if you are going to use a moisturizing lotion twice a day.
Lac-Hydrin 5 Lotion Ingredients
This lotion contains a number of ingredients some of which are:
- Lactic Acid
- Ammonium Hydroxide
- Cetearyl alcohol
How To Use Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion
It is simple to use. You just smooth on a small thin layer of the lotion to the affected area, making sure you rub it into the skin well.
In most cases, it is recommended that you apply the lotion twice a day once in the morning after you shower and just before bed.
However, if you are using it on your face, it is recommended that perhaps you may want to limit using it to only once a day or once every two or three days as it does contain some strong ingredients that may affect those with sensitive or extra sensitive skin.
What Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion Reviews Have To Say
Judging from the posted Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion reviews, it becomes clear that this skin moisturizing lotion has done wonders for people with KP and dry skin conditions.
Most users find that Lac Hydrin 5 provides at least some improvement for their dry scaly skin with a large portion of these users stating that it cleared up their various skin problems almost completely and left their skin feeling and looking years younger as well as softer.
Here is what these reviews say:
- Almost more than half of the reviewers who used this lotion for their KP (Keratosis Pilaris) found that it either greatly reduced or completely cleared up those small bumps on their arms and legs. It took some time for some users, with the average reporting that improvement came within 3 or 4 months.
- Even those who felt that this product did not do much for their KP, reported that their skin felt smoother and softer. Some users felt that the lotion worked great on ingrown hairs on the arms and legs.
- The majority of people who use Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion for acne, fine lines and wrinkles reviewed that it did improve their acne, helped to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and left their complexion “dewy.” However, several of those consumers who applied on their face as part of an acne treatment stated that it is best to only use it every few days since daily use could sometimes increase their acne problem rather than decrease it.
- This lotion seems to score big with people using it to treat dry and scaling skin. 75% to 80% of those users have reported a vast improvement, sometimes within only a day or two. Most said it was the only skin care product that ever worked this well for moisturizing and softening that dry, cracked and scaly skin.
- It is non greasy and unscented though it has a slight natural scent which most users love.
- It absorbs quickly, leaving no residue behind to stain your clothing.
- It only takes a small amount to treat each effective area and it keeps you skin soft and moisturized far longer than other skin lotions.
- It helps relieve the itching and the scaling of dry skin for the majority of users.
- It helps reduce acne breakouts for most people who use this lotion for this purpose.
- It is known to effectively treat KP for at least 50% of those who try it.
- You can purchase Lac Hydrin 5 without a prescription.
- Although somewhat rare, it can have some side effects that they are usually quite mild. Some of these side effects may include: allergic reactions, burning, stinging, rashes and flushing. Some of these reactions can happen only in the beginning and they stop once your skin gets used to the lotion. However, if you notice more strong side effects and for not just the beginning, you should quit using it and consult your Physician.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription medications you should consult your doctor before using this lotion.
It has helped many users find relief from the itching and unattractiveness of dry scaly skin and it can be the right lotion to help you with KP issues.
AmLactin Lotion is a similar lotion containing the same main ingredient and that is ammonium lactate, a combination of lactic acid with ammonium hydroxide.
AmLactin Lotion is a formulation of 12% Lactic Acid neutralized with ammonium hydroxide. That makes a lac hydrin lotion which has a pH of 4.5-5.5.
AmLactin is mostly suitable for body use because it has 12% lactic acid which is strong for face use. So, if you are interested in using lac hydrin for the body, AmLactin lotion is a good alternative.
Another alternative closer to Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion is Geri-Hydrolac 5 Lotion which you can read more about in our article on lac hydrin lotion sold over the counter.