ELEMIS Superfood Nourishing Facial Oil Review
If you are wondering whether ELEMIS Superfood facial oil is worth the price and in what way it is better than just using a combination of carrier oils for your skin, which may be more cost effective, this review will help you clear out any doubts.
But first, why do you need to use a facial oil?
- Natural facial oils are rich in nutrients such as essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids) that help your skin retain moisture, making it more soft and elastic. They also provide nourishment to the skin, which is a beneficial feature for preventing premature skin aging.
- They contain plant oil extracts which are historically used to heal skin damage and help deal with skin inflammation.
- They can be used in combination with your other skin care products, maximizing the results of your skin care regimen.
- They are suitable for different types of skin including sensitive skin and can be beneficial for skin issues such as rosacea, acne, psoriasis, eczema and more.
- You can create your own DIY recipes using natural oils or just add them to your normal facial cream or lotion.
Just Remember! Carrier oils have a limited life of 6-12 months once you open them. You also, need to keep them in a dry cool place to prolong their shelf life.
- 100% natural face oil made of concentrated superfoods to deeply nourish, hydrate and smooth your skin.
- This blend of 9 antioxidant and rich in omega fatty acids oils re-energize and feed the skin, promoting a naturally glowing complexion.
- It also contains essential oils with a natural aroma that feels uplifting such as orange, lavender, cedarwood, and rosemary.
Elemis face oil is vegan-friendly and free of harmful chemical fillers including parabens and sulfates.
Key Ingredients Talk
This superfood facial oil contains an impressive amount of natural ingredients such as plant leaf oils, plant seed oils, plant seed extracts, and herbal leaf extracts.
Some of them are my favorite such as Rosehip fruit oil, which is rich in provitamin A and other nutrients, sweet almond oil, which is plumping and smoothing to the skin, sweet orange peel oil and carrot seed oil. Squalane is also great for boosting skin moisture.
From all the natural plant oils of this product, let´s have a look at the ones that the company has acknowledged to be the active ingredients in this formula:
- Broccoli seed oil (Brassica Oleracea Italica) is deeply moisturizing and nourishing. It also contains an omega 6 fatty acid that may help reduce skin inflammation.
- Flaxseed oil (Linum Usitatissimum) contains omega 3 fatty acids that can help with skin irritation, wounds, and inflammatory skin conditions.
- Daikon radish seed extract (Raphanus Sativus) is said to have antioxidant properties and therefore may help prevent premature skin aging and minimize blemishes.
- Rosehip fruit oil (Rosa Canina) is a wonderful plant oil that is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can delay aging, make your skin more elastic and youthful looking as well as help it fight blemishes and acne breakouts.
- Cucumber oil (Cucumis sativus) It is funny but this is the first time I have seen the cucumber ingredient listed as oil. Normally, cucumber extract is known to have skin soothing and cooling properties.
- Macadamia nut oil (Macadamia integrifolia) is used as an emollient in cosmetic products and is reputed to help with dry skin issues such as flaking, loss of moisture and skin tightness.
- Poppy seed oil (Papaver Somniferum) is rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It has been historically used for damaged, dry and sensitive skin, but it also works well with mature types of skin.
- Rice Bran Oil (Oryza sativa) contains fatty acids and vitamin E that deeply moisturize the skin.
- Meadowfoam seed oil (Limnanthes Alba) protects your skin from loss of moisture and is deeply nourishing.
How to Use Elemis Superfood Facial Oil
Massage 3-4 drops of oil onto clean skin (face and neck) every night. Use it alone or before applying your moisturizer. Avoid using it around the eyes area.
Positive Users´ Reviews
- Wonderfully nourishing.
- Very soothing and refreshing.
- Great for dry red skin and very dry climate conditions.
- Improves skin texture without triggering blemishes.
- Reduces fine lines.
- Good packaging that dispenses well and does not leak.
- A little goes a long way.
Negative Users´ Reviews
- According to some people, it does not absorb so fast and therefore, it is better to use it during the night since it may make your makeup application more difficult.
- It has an earthy woodsy aroma that most people like, but few others have found that it lingers a bit more than what they would like it to.
- A little pricey.
ELEMIS Superfood Nourishing Facial Oil seems to be more appropriate and very useful for dry skin types rather than combination or oily types of skin because it feels a bit heavy on these types of skin.
Also, the fact that it contains essential oils (although presumably in very low dilutions since they are for dermal use) might make it a bit strong for sensitive skin types.
Overall, ELEMIS face oil gathers very positive reviews. If you have dry skin and you don´t mind the price, this face oil can become your next favorite as long as you give it some time to work on your skin.