Do’s And Don’ts To Reduce Cellulite Fast
It may be true that most women start worrying about their cellulite appearance and try to find ways to reduce their cellulitis fast only just before summer strikes, but the truth is that the best way to deal with cellulite is to care for your skin during the whole year.
Generally talking, Cellulite is a common problem that targets all age groups and it does not appear as an effect of gaining weight but the fact is that once it appears, it changes the smooth texture of the skin as well as its appearance, making it difficult to get rid of it once and for all.
Nevertheless, even if we can´t get rid of cellulite fully, the truth is that if we drastically do something about it in time, we can enjoy some positive results. In order to deal with cellulite fast, we need to know some facts about cellulite as well as to follow some daily tips or do´s and don’ts that will surely help us achieve our goal.
What Is Cellulite and How is it Caused?
Cellulite is a skin problem of aesthetic nature and affects the majority of the female population.It is caused by the uneven accumulation of fat and water in between the skin and the subcutaneous tissue.
Because of the bad topical blood flow, fat cells do not store energy in specific areas of the body properly and therefore instead of the normal processes of breaking down and burning fat, our organism keeps on storing fat which starts pushing the connective tissues of the skin, and that is how the skin loses its elasticity and its surface gets that orange peel looking texture.
Cellulite more often appears on the buttocks, thighs and belly. Although its appearance is not linked to gain weight, gaining excessive weight can make cellulite more noticeable.
Most Effective Ingredients in Anti-Cellulite Creams
You might have heard and probably going to hear a lot about miracle ingredients in treating cellulitis but according to long term research and beauty industry findings, there are some active ingredients that really do make a difference in improving cellulite, so it is worthwhile keeping them in mind when buying cellulite creams. These are:
- Retinol: Among its many skin care benefits which never stop to surprise us, Retinol also has the ability to boost microcirculation and therefore promote the process of cells’ oxygenating, a function that helps fight cellulitis. That is why some of the best cellulite creams on the market today contain Retinol.
- Ivy: Ivy is a natural ingredient that has toning, lipolytic and decongestant properties.
- Pepper: This wonderful spice is effective when it comes to dealing with cellulite due to its decongestant, detoxifying and microcirculation toning properties.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a perennial herb which I have many times seen contained in natural skin care products as an ingredient. Its cellulite benefits include improving microcirculation and promoting the absorption of nutrients.
- Ginkgo Biloba: If you are a super food enthusiast, there is no way you have not heard about Ginkgo Biloba before. As an ingredient of cellulite creams, Ginkgo Biloba offers positive results regarding cellulite because it improves microcirculation.
- Algae: Apart from their anti-aging skin benefits in creams that contain algae, algae is also very useful in reducing cellulite due to their lipolytic function. Algae is also rich in minerals, vitamins and amino acids.
Can we fight Cellulite with Weight Loss Diets?
The problem of cellulite underlies in the skin physiology rather than excessive weight, which means that although the increase of the fat in the body and the excessive weight make cellulite look worse, following weight loss diets won´t actually help us get rid of cellulite.
Still, there are some things you can either do or avoid doing in order to reduce cellulite. Let´s have a look!
Do´s to Fight Cellulite
- Improve the quality of your food: The food you daily consume can make a lot of difference in the appearance of cellulite. To achieve this, you need to enhance your diet with foods that are rich in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, cereal and legumes, as well as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. All these components promote the metabolism of the food you consume in order to prevent excessive accumulation of fat as well as remove toxins from the body. Drinking fresh juices and water is also important.
- Perform a Cellulite Massage: Boosting microcirculation daily can help to improve the texture of those skin areas that are affected by cellulite and this can be achieved with a cellulite massage. Using specialized anti-cellulite products while performing the massage as well as cellulite creams after your massage or at any other time of the day you feel convenient is a good method to improve the look of cellulite. Although these products won´t be able to vanish cellulite fast, they will certainly help improve its appearance if you use them systematically.
- Get some regular exercise: People who have cellulite confirm that regular exercise does help in reducing cellulite fast. Working out reduces fat, tones up muscles, helps reduce water retention and boosts skin microcirculation, which all help in visibly improving cellulite appearance.
- Go for a walk: Walking is the most effective type of exercise against cellulite. It stimulates cardiovascular system and boosts blood circulation in the muscles and body tissues.
- Go running: Running is the ideal type of exercise against fluid retention and fat accumulation.
- Start swimming: Swimming tones up the muscles and exercises the whole body. Also, the water pressure offers a massage to our body which is good for cellulite.
Don´ts when Dealing with Cellulite
- Cut down on your sugar intake: Sugar is not good for anything apart from the fact that it offers a temporary feeling of pleasure and relief to most people especially when they desperately need it. In the case of cellulite, you should reduce sugary foods as much as you can because they lead to fat accumulation and make it harder for you to follow a healthier dietary plan which is going to help you deal with cellulite more efficiently.
- Stop eating very salty foods: Salt causes fluid retention. Excessive salt intake disrupts the normal function of the lymphatic system and this is the best condition for fat accumulation and the appearance of cellulite.
- Don´t overdo it with alcohol: Over consumption of alcohol dehydrates the body and leads to fluid retention but most of all it harms the liver. One of the liver´s functions is to remove harmful toxins from our body and therefore if the liver does not function properly, toxins are not removed and this is a negative factor when dealing with cellulitis.
- Keep away from processed foods: Try to avoid eating processed foods because they contain high percentages of animal and saturated fats. Also, they contain lots of preservatives that add toxins to the body and cause fluid retention.
To conclude, although it is difficult and probably impossible to get rid of cellulite completely, there are certain steps you can follow to reduce cellulite. The tips of do´s and don’ts presented above have given you a good idea of how to deal with cellulite naturally and effectively.