What Is The Best Organic Castor Oil For Skin?
Let me start by explaining how this review about the best organic castor oil for skin was created in the first place and why I have been more than pleased to discover this natural oil’s great benefits for skin.
As a staunch selector of natural oils, with my bathroom cabinet full of different ones that from time to time I have been trying out, I felt something between hesitance and fresh born curiosity facing a bottle of castor oil on a shelf of a health store almost one month ago.
Up to that point, the only thing I had heard about Castor oil was that it is good for nourishing eye lashes and nothing more, so when I first saw it sitting on the shelf, the half of me was saying: “Not again! What more would this do?” and the other was saying: “Organic Castor Oil, hmm..l want to try this out!”
Now, after using it for a few times every week for less than a month I can tell you that it has been one of the best natural oils for my skin for eliminating forehead fine lines and wrinkles, moisturizing my skin deeply and making it softer and smoother.
On the bottle I bought it said that castor oil is good for eye wrinkles and I tried it out for my under eye fine lines with great results. It made the area very smooth and even, making my fine lines a lot less visible.
The castor oil’s texture is thick and although I have a prone to blemishes skin, it hasn’t caused any blemishes to appear. In another article, I will expand more about the benefits of this oil but here let’s have a look at the best options for organic castor oil I have discovered.
Heritage Store Organic Castor Oil
Heritage Store Organic Castor Oil is a cold pressed, not hexane gassed unscented castor oil which is contained in a dark glass bottle to protect its beneficial ingredients.
The Heritage Store company has been creating quality products for health, skin and hair based on a holistic approach for more than 41 years.
Their products are eco friendly and cruelty free since they do not test on animals.
According to the company, their organic Castor Oil is of the highest quality on the market today and the very positive user reviews seem to testify this claim.
What Do Heritage Store Organic Castor oil Reviews Say?
It’s quite amazing to discover how many people have found solution to different skin issues but not only with those since it is also used for hair loss, eye lashes and eyebrows growth, but it’s also very popular as an anti inflammatory agent.
Lately I have given it to my mother for a pain she has on her neck and I am waiting for the results. But let’s see now what people review about the Heritage Store Organic Castor Oil:
- Great as a moisturizer and especially for very dry skin. For face moisturizing you will only need a few drops since it’s very effective and its texture is thick. I use it mainly at night or whenever I stay at home since the skin looks a bit shiny and doesn’t absorb quickly.
- Worked excellent in a number of Eczema cases, relieving itchiness, dryness and soothing redness. Aloe vera gel is also reported as a good natural solution to Eczema but a few people have mentioned that Castor oil actually works better than aloe vera.
- Made skin smooth and soft like a baby’s and in my case this smoothness doesn’t go away some minutes after application, like with a lot of other skin care creams or lotions. Castor oil nourishes deeply the skin and its positive effects persist for days after even with just one application.
- Used for fine lines under eyes with positive results as well as face wrinkles and fine lines. As I have mentioned before I have experienced very positive results with forehead wrinkles and fine lines.
- People with acne prone skin report the excellent function of this oil as a cleansing agent, removing dirt and oil as well as shrinking pores size. Having a sensitive combination skin I can also say that Castor oil hasn’t caused any blemishes to appear although in the first place I was kind of doubtful since its consistency was a bit heavy, looking like a thick gel.
- Few people were pleased to see that Heritage Store Organic Castor oil has faded and even removed their dark age spots on the hands.
- Helped with surgery scars, healing and making skin softer.
- Sunburn preventive measure, stopping the skin from peeling.
- Rejuvenating skin and making it feel nourished and well protected from skin deteriorating factors, including aging.
- Users report great product packaging.
Swanson 100% Certified Organic Castor Oil
Swanson Organic Castor Oil is a USDA certified organic cold pressed castor oil which is a great emolient that penetrates deeply into the skin, making it softer.
People are very satisfied with the Swanson’s brand of Castor oil, reporting an excellent match of good quality, price and size.
What Are Swanson Organic Castor Oil Reviews All About?
People have been pleased relating to the many uses and effectiveness of this product.
So, let’s see some of the skin benefits they have mentioned for Swanson Organic Castor Oil:
- Great for hydrating and moisturizing all types of skin and especially dry skin.
- Used for the oil cleansing method, it feels like cleansing deeper and helping with pores congestion.
- Protecting and moisturizing lips during harsh weather conditions.
- Few people wondered why it’s not as sticky and heavy as common castor oil. Organic castor oil like the one I am also using has normally a heavy texture which quite miraculously has great results even if you feel your face sticky for some time after application. Still, users report that the Swanson castor oil is not as sticky as other organic castor oils.
Banyan Botanicals Organic Castor Oil
Banyan Botanicals is a company which specializes in providing you with a number of health products made from certified organic herbs which are sustainably sourced and fairly traded.
All of their products are based on Ayurveda medicinal principles and are tested for identification of heavy metals or other toxic involvement in their herb collecting process to ensure safety as well as efficacy.
Moreover, Ayurveda is a philosophical rooted system of ideas which also finds application in the creation of health products.
I am planning to share more information about Ayurveda with you in another article because it is really worthwhile learning more but here let’s have a look at some of the benefits users mention as to this castor oil which is unrefined, pure and certified organic by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture as well as the USDA.
Banyan Botanicals Organic Castor Oil is also packaged in a recyclable BPA- free plastic container.
What Do Banyan Botanicals Organic Castor Oil Reviews Say?
- Very pleased with the quality of the product.
- Using it as a cleansing agent.
- Moisturizes the skin effectively, making it smooth and soft.
- Helps deal with dry skin issues.
In conclusion, this is my selection of the best organic castor oils for skin based on my research, user reviews and quality of the products. Organic castor oil can be a really beneficial product for your health as well as skin care routine and I am really glad I have discovered its benefits for me and my family.