Best Hyaluronic Acid Serum Reviews
Reviews on the best hyaluronic acid serum can sometimes confuse you as to which are actually the best products, so here I have chosen to do the job and tell you about the best hyaluronic acid serums I found, based on user reviews and my personal research on hyaluronic acid serums.
Hyaluronic acid is produced by the body and helps the skin retain moisture and its youthful look.
As people age, the body begins to produce less and less hyaluronic acid, resulting in the drying of the skin and adding to the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles that most people dread.
Adding some type of Hylauronic acid serum to your skin care regimen can help to hold in some of your skin’s natural moisture, prevent or reduce drying and help keep fine line and wrinkles at bay.
Using a Hyaluronic acid serum before wrinkles start appearing, can help delay fine lines and wrinkles from developing while using such serums once you’ve begun to develop wrinkles can reduce their appearance.
Whether you are choosing to use a hyaluronic acid serum for wrinkles or in any other way for a brighter and more youthful looking skin, here is a look at five of the best hyaluronic acid serums available.
Cosmedica Skincare Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Cosmedica Skincare Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum is an extremely popular and highly rated Hyaluronic acid serum.
It is 100% stable and pure Hyaluronic acid that is both paraben and oil free.
It also contains no skin drying dyes or fragrances and absolutely no fillers so that all you get is pure Hyaluronic acid without additional additives that may adversely affect your skin.
This product is made in the U.S.A. and most users find it extremely effective when used as part of their daily skin care regimen.
What the Users Review about Cosmedica Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
The vast majority of users who have tried this serum find it very beneficial to use either on its own, or mixing it with other moisturizers. Benefits they find when using this product include:
- Reduction in noticeable wrinkles.
- Smoother skin.
- Hydrates extremely well.
180 Cosmetics Ultima Pure Swiss Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C
180 Ultima Pure Swiss Hyaluronic Acid Serum + Vitamin C not only does it provide your skin with Hyaluronic acid to help hold moisture in but it also contains Vitamin C which serves as an antioxidant to give you a more youthful appearance.
It helps to even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Most users really like 180 Ultima Serum and think of it as an absolutely necessary skincare product.
What do the Reviews of 180 Ultima Pure Swiss Hyaluronic Acid Serum +Vitamin C Say?
Users give 180 Ultima overall quite good reviews and feel that it helps to keep their skin looking more youthful.
Users who have tried other hyaluronic acid serums before 180 Ultima, state that this serum goes on thicker, soaks into the skin well and seems to last longer than other serums they have tried. Benefits that they have experienced while using it include:
- A noticeable difference in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Their skin looks and feels more dewy, fresh and smooth.
- Their complexion becomes softer and younger looking over all.
- This serum goes a long way, making it a great value for the price.
- Great combination of hyaluronic acid and vitamin C in a serum.
OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum
OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum is made in the U.S.A in a FDA registered facility.
It contains both hyaluronic acid, which is known to hydrate the skin thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and vitamin C which has antioxidant properties and helps to fight free radicals which is another leading cause of premature aging.
Users really seem to like this Oz Naturals Hyaluronic serum and especially the fact that it is combined with vitamin C for an overall healthier skin.
What Do Users Review About Oz Naturals Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum?
Overall, users feel that this serum helps to moisturize their skin and keep it looking younger when used as part of a good skin care regimen. Benefits that users found when using this serum include:
- Improvements in the skin can be seen within a few days to a couple of weeks after you begin using it.
- Really reduces fine lines, especially the ones around the mouth and under the eyes.
- When you first start to use it, you may experience some flaking which means that the serum is helping to remove the dry skin. Once the dry skin is gone, your skin looks clearer and feels smoother and softer.
- It definitely helps to hold in moisture which is important in maintaining a healthy wrinkle free skin.
VoilaVe LH Hyaluronic Acid Serum
VoilaVe 100% Pure LH Hyaluronic Acid Serum provides you with something that, according to the company, ordinary hyaluronic acids can’t give you and that is both high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid.
The advantage of this groundbreaking formula is that it gives you deep penetration and therefore better hydration since it contains low molecular weight hyaluronic acid.
Other pros are: plump skin, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, minimization of puffiness and dark circles, evening of the skin tone, more youthful and radiant skin appearance and a lot of other benefits.
This hyaluronic acid serum has no fillers and unnecessary dilutions. It is also free of parabens, alcohol and fragrance.
It is made in the USA and comes together with a generous one year full money back guarantee as well as a free guide to a younger looking skin.
What do People Review About VoilaVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
This is an excellent reviewed serum with people reporting only great benefits for their skin. So, how has this product enhanced their skin care? Let’s see!
- More plump and moisturized feeling skin.
- Reduction of wrinkles and even elimination of fine lines.
- Softer, smoother and brighter skin.
- Very good results in the case of puffy eye bags.
- Minimizing of the pores.
Vernal Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Vernal Hyaluronic Acid Serum is surely one of those hyaluronic acid serums that have got lots of fans.
According to the company, it contains 100% pure lab certified hyaluronic acid combined with vitamin C and Retinol.
It is able to rapidly penetrate the skin and leaves no oily residues after having applied it on your skin and waited for around 30 seconds.
It is made in the USA and is free of parabens and sulfates.
The company claims that most of its customers have seen noticeable results within the 1st month. Still, some changes can appear even with just one use.
Those effects include a revitalized complexion that feels lifted and fresher.
After 2 weeks, Vernal reports that people experience diminished signs of aging as well as a firmer and smoother skin while in 4 weeks time radiance and luminosity is revealed.
What are Vernal Hyaluronic Acid Serum Reviews About?
Users seem to be very pleased with the positive anti aging results they see even after the first applications of this face and neck serum.
So, let’s see what they particularly like:
- Diminishes and even vanishes wrinkles. A lot of users report that they have seen their fine lines and wrinkles diminishing and in some case even disappearing. Some have also mentioned that combining it with Vernal Anti Aging Moisturizer or Vernal Eye Gel works great for them.
- Tightens skin. People in their 50’s and 60’s have admitted that this serum does tighten their skin and makes it feel more energized.
- Soft complexion and improved skin texture. Some users have said that their complexion’s texture looks more even and that it is very good for before makeup application.
- Glowing skin. Even men users have noticed a certain glow on their skin that can surely be added to the pros of vernal serum.
- Doesn’t Cause Breakouts.
- Lasts long.
- Pleasant scent which some describe as refreshing and others like a smell coming from a clear facial mask.
Yeouth Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face
This Yeouth Hyaluronic Acid Serum comes with a 100% guarantee and consists of two ingredients: pure medical grade hyaluronic acid and phenoxyethanol.
It can be assumed that a hyaluronic acid serum which contains just hyaluronic acid mixed with a mild preservative such as phenoxyethanol would be more effective than other similar serums that consist of more than two ingredients, but then it can also be claimed that effectiveness also comes as a result of the combination of the right ingredients, and in many serums in this review, hyaluronic acid is successfully combined with vitamin C and a few more ingredients.
What do the Reviews Say?
Yeouth Hyaluronic Acid serum gathers very positive reviews with users commenting on the following benefits of this product:
- Smoothes their skin.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Helps repair sun damage.
- Can be worn under make-up.
- Shows noticeable results within the month.
The Original Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Timeless Skin Care
Timeless Skin Care Hyaluronic Acid Serum contains the following ingredients: Water, Sodium Hyaluronate (1%; 100% pure), Benzylalcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid.
As you can see, this serum does not contain hyaluronic acid but it does contain sodium hyaluronate. The latter is, according to Wikipedia, the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid. It is similarly beneficial to the skin as hyaluronic acid, and the main difference is that due to its low molecular weight, sodium hyaluronate penetrates deeper into the skin and absorbs more quickly than hyaluronic acid.
If you want to know whether hyaluronic acid is more effective than sodium hyaluronate, the answer is that both are effective but a combination of the two is even better.
What do the Reviews say?
Users find that this serum provides them with the following benefits:
- Hydrates without greasiness.
- Softens and smoothes their complexion.
- It is good for all types of skin.
- Reduces Wrinkles.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamins C and E by Foxbrim
Foxbrim Hyaluronic Acid Serum is made of a combination of quality and potent ingredients. The combination of vitamins C and E makes this product more effective in terms of antioxidant potency, and the botanical hyaluronic acid comes fourth in their full list of ingredients.
What I like about this serum is that it contains some ingredients that are good for oily, combination and acne prone skin such as Witch Hazel and jojoba oil. Green tea, MSM and aloe also provide the skin with some nice additional benefits.
This vegan friendly serum contains more than just few ingredients and it is free of harmful chemicals. It also comes with a full money back guarantee.
What do the Reviews say?
Users are very pleased with this product and find that it:
- Improves their skin’s texture.
- Smoothes and softens the skin.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrates very well.
TruSkin Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum
TruSkin Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum contains more than just hyaluronic acid including Vitamins C and E, organic Jojoba oil, Aloe, MSM, organic Witch Hazel, green tea and geranium essential oil.
In addition, it is paraben, phthalate and GMO free, and has no artificial colors or fragrances. It comes in a 1 ounce glass bottle with a pump followed by a 90 day full money back guarantee.
What about the Users´ Reviews?
Let´s have a look at what users reviews say about this antioxidant moisturizing serum:
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Softens their skin.
- Brightens the complexion.
- Moisturizes well.
- It is easy to apply.
- Reduces pore size.
Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum by Joyal Beauty
Joyal Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum has a great advantage which is combining 4% of pure hyaluronic acid with Sodium Hyaluronate, which more easily penetrates into the dermis of the skin and therefore boosts the hydration levels of your skin at a deeper level.
In addition, it is free of chemicals and the preservatives are all natural. According to the company, it is suitable even for hypersensitive skin.
How do Users Review this Product?
Users seem to love this serum for the following reasons:
- It is effective at moisturizing.
- Brightens the skin.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Plumps and smoothes the complexion.
Amara Organics Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C and E
Amara Organic Hyaluronic Acid Serum consists of a big list of ingredients. Apart from botanical hyaluronic acid which comes fourth in the list, it also contains vitamins C and E, as well as some other ingredients that are not included in previous serums such as gotu kola extract, dandelion extract and horsetail plant extract.
This product is vegan and free of parabens, dyes, and fragrances. It is made in the USA and comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
What do the Reviews Say?
Users find this serum to be:
- Easy to Absorb in the skin.
- Good at reducing pore size.
- Capable of leaving your skin velvety soft.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum by Tree of Life
Tree of Life Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a low priced hyaluronic acid serum that is 98% natural and 72% organic. Some of its ingredients are botanical hyaluronic acid, vitamins C and E, witch hazel, jojoba oil, aloe vera and green tea.
It is paraben free, vegan friendly and made in the USA. It also comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
What about the Users´ Reviews?
Here´s some of the things users like about this serum:
- Hydrates and plumps the skin.
- Tightens their skin.
- Spreads easily.
- Leaves skin glowing and looking healthy.
- Softens their complexion.
PurOrganica Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Another low priced but good quality Hyaluronic acid serum, this PurOrganica Hyaluronic Acid Serum comes in a 2 ounce bottle with a money back guarantee and is made in the USA. It is also paraben and sulphate free.
Some of its ingredients are plant based hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, Chinese ginseng, organic jojoba oil and aloe.
What do the Reviews Say?
Users find this hyaluronic acid product to:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Smooth skin and improves its texture.
- Hydrate well.
- Firm the complexion.
- Be easy to apply without being greasy.
InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid for Skin
The full list of ingredients of this InstaSkincare Hyaluronic acid serum is as follows: purified water, hyaluronic acid, benzyl alcohol (0.1%)
Benzyl Alcohol is not considered to be one of those good and non-drying types of alcohols but in this hyaluronic acid serum you can find it at a very low concentration. Still, it is always better for a product to be completely free of bad for the skin types of alcohol.
Finally, this serum comes in a 2 ounce bottle.
What are the Users´ Reviews All About?
Users say that they have enjoyed the following benefits by using this product:
- Moisturizes and tightens their skin.
- Smoothes their complexion.
- Softens the skin.
- Reduces the size of the wrinkles.
Yalmeh Hyaluronic Acid with Vitamins C & E
Apart from botanical hyaluronic acid, Yalmeh Hyaluronic Acid Serum also contains vitamin C and E to keep your skin more youthful looking and resistant to aging.
According to the Yalmeh company which is specializing in other well reviewed skincare products containing good quality natural ingredients such as serums, face creams and eye creams, their hyaluronic acid serum offers deep hydration and reduction of puffiness and dark circles.
It can also soften wrinkles and fine lines and make complexion look more plump. It is suitable for sensitive types of skin, including rosacea prone complexion.
It protects against environmental skin irritations and helps dry skin heal better. It is paraben and oil free, containing no dyes, fragrances or fillers. It is also backed by a 90 day full money back guarantee.
What Are Users Reviews concerning Yalmeh Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
- Better looking, brighter and more youthful skin.
- Hydrated and softer feeling complexion.
- Good results for a few people relating to puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- More firm complexion.
- Less noticeable pores.
- Great customer service.
One thing the company informs its clients about this serum is that for better results, it is advisable that they apply the product with wet finger tips or just dampen a bit the complexion before applying the product. That is probably for the better absorption of this serum.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
It was 1934 when John Palmer and Karl Meyer brought to light a polysaccharide which they named hyaluronic acid because of the hyaloid (vitreous) and the uronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that naturally occurs in different areas of the body such as the eyes, joints, and skin. The reasons why cosmetology and the skin care industry has been particularly interested in this ingredient are the following:
- Hyaluronic acid is a very hydrophilic molecule that holds up 1,000 times its weight in moisture. Practically, this means that it can attract water, so it can improve the levels of moisture in the skin, as well as prevent water loss, which prevents the skin from becoming dry.
- By improving skin hydration and preventing loss of moisture, hyaluronic acid can have various benefits and applications to the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid naturally decreases in our body and skin as we age, so there is a belief that by creating skin care products with hyaluronic acid, some of the damage that comes as a natural consequence of hyaluronic acid reduction can be balanced.
- Although there is no scientific evidence that hyaluronic acid reduces wrinkles, the fact that it is a very moisturizing ingredient has its own benefits for the skin and can, therefore, contribute to an overall more improved skin appearance with less visible wrinkles and a softer more elastic texture.
- Hyaluronic acid has gained a lot of reputation and is still popular among skin care enthusiasts.
- Hyaluronic acid can be injected for various beauty issues such as wrinkles, sagging skin, folds, fine lines, and thin lips, but injections have to be repeated. Derma fillers with hyaluronic acid should only be performed in the office of a licensed dermatologist or aesthetician.
- This ingredient is used in a wide range of skin care products for the face, eyes, and body such as hyaluronic acid serums, creams, moisturizers, lotions and a lot more.
- Hyaluronic acid skin care products range in prices, from very affordable to more expensive ones.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Benefits For Skin And Why To Use It
The super moisturizing properties of hyaluronic acid serum combined with its lightweight texture, excellent viscoelasticity and its gentle function make it a great skin care ingredient for all skin types and various skin issues.
Here are the different benefits and uses of hyaluronic acid serum for skin:
Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Dry Skin
Can hyaluronic acid serum be drying to the skin? Since hyaluronic acid is known as a super moisturizing ingredient, one would assume that it would be good for dry skin, right? The answer is partly yes and partly no. It all depends on the product, how you use it and under which conditions.
The hyaluronic acid serum can be good for dry skin because it draws moisture and prevents moisture loss but the problem starts if your skin is dehydrated or there are very low levels of humidity in the air such as in the case of constantly air-conditioned rooms or very dry climates.
In those cases, the hyaluronic acid of your serum won’t be able to suck moisture from your skin since it is dehydrated or from the environment since there is very little humidity. What it will do is to start pulling moisture out of the deeper skin layers.
To make safe use of your hyaluronic acid serum for dry skin, always apply onto slightly damp skin and follow up with an effective moisturizer. Also, carefully check all the ingredients of your serum prior to buying, because there may be ingredients that are drying to your skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Oily Combination Skin
Hyaluronic acid has a lightweight gel-like texture that nicely absorbs into the skin without leaving any oily residue and is suitable for use during those hot humid months of the year.
It does not feel heavy and it does not cause oiliness but always beware of the rest of the ingredients in the serum in case there are fillers or other synthetic ingredients that are not good for oily skin.
I always buy hyaluronic acid serum from reputable skin care companies, keep away from very cheap products and only apply serum to clean skin that is not irritated or inflamed.
Is Hyaluronic Acid Serum Good For Acne?
Hyaluronic acid is a safe ingredient to use in cases of acne prone skin types since it does not clog pores or cause acne breakouts. It feels very light and gentle and, for the 8 last years that I have been using it almost daily, I have not noticed any breakouts caused by it.
But can hyaluronic acid serum help improve acne? There has not been any scientific evidence on this topic, but hyaluronic acid can help acne skin in the following way:
By protecting the skin barrier from loss of moisture, it helps the skin be more resistant to inflammation and other environmental factors that can negatively affect the level of sensitivity of an acne prone skin.
So, by using hyaluronic acid, you can overall boost the defensive mechanisms of your skin which is an advantage when dealing with an inflamed skin such as acne skin.
Can Hyaluronic Acid Serum Help With Eczema?
Hyaluronic acid is not irritating to sensitive and eczema skin. As a humectant, it can boost the skin moisture and therefore partly relieve the dryness, irritation, and inflammation that are common in eczema.
Also, improved hydration makes the skin barrier more resistant to factors that can irritate sensitive skin such as eczema skin.
Can Hyaluronic Acid Serum Firm The Skin?
In cases when your complexion is looking dull and fatigued starting to sag due to lack of proper hydration, hyaluronic acid serum can offer a valuable boost, improving its moisture, elasticity, and plumpness if it is used on a daily basis.
Of course, in combination with an overall healthy skin care routine and general lifestyle. Also, the long term benefits of using a hyaluronic acid serum for aging include improved levels of moisture and therefore a more resistant to aging skin that looks more radiant and healthy overall.
This can also help smoothen and soften wrinkles and fine lines.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Pros And Cons
- The hyaluronic acid serum is suitable for all types of skin and conditions. Everybody needs a little extra moisture after all, and some types of skin need it even more.
- This is a lightweight product that normally does not irritate the skin depending on the quality of the overall product.
- It does not cause acne breakouts, so it works well for oily, combination or acne-prone types of skin.
- Can be used under makeup. It nicely absorbs into the skin and does not cause any discomfort or oiliness. It smoothes the skin’s texture, making makeup application easier.
- There are many hyaluronic acid serums available on the market to choose from and you can find good quality products at affordable prices.
- Hyaluronic acid is made of big molecules (High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid) which makes it more difficult to penetrate the skin compared to the Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid, but nevertheless, it gives better hydration. To improve penetration, some companies combine both high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid in their formulas.
- As hyaluronic acid is more expensive than sodium hyaluronate (low molecular weight), some companies choose to include only the latter in their serums, but the best option is to include both of these ingredients in order to enjoy benefits on many levels.
- Hyaluronic acid is not suitable to use in very dry climates, environments where there are very low levels of humidity or dehydrated types of skin. Since it attracts moisture from the surroundings and if it can’t find any water to attract, it will start taking moisture from the deeper layers of your skin.
- Not all hyaluronic acid serums are the same. Stay away from very cheap products and always check the rest of the ingredients so you do not get a product that is full of fillers and preservatives that may irritate your skin and especially sensitive types of skin.
In conclusion, what Hyaluronic acid serum reviews tell us is that the best hyaluronic serums are those that either contain no added ingredients such as chemical preservatives or those that contain effective antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.
By choosing the best and purest hyaluronic acid serum around, you can help to slow the signs of aging and maintain a healthier and more youthful skin far longer.
You May Also Like: