Best Cordless Beard Trimmer Reviews
Cordless beard trimmers are easy to use trimmers that have rechargeable batteries which allow for more movement when trimming your beard. People like using cordless devices as they give them total freedom to move around and do their grooming at any point of the bathroom.
Men often use these trimmers for body grooming which is always convenient to do in the shower or bath tub and obviously, only a cordless trimmer will give you the freedom to do so.
They are also very practical if you are going away on short trips. Once they are fully charged, you may not even need to carry the charger with you.
A slight disadvantage, though, is that you may run out of battery during the trimming session if you have not charged them fully. But for this reason, I would advise you to go for the machines which hold the charge well and do not have a short battery life.
In this review, I have picked some of the best cordless beard trimmers to review important features for each device and help you make a more informed choice. They are all well reviewed by customers and a couple of them are in my personal use.
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300 Review (Model QT4070/41)
Philips Norelco has been making men’s grooming products for years. The Philips Norelco QT4070/41 Beard Trimmer 7300 is an extremely popular beard trimmer with the following features:
- Metal and Plastic parts.
- Integrated vacuum systems.
- 18 secured settings 1/32 inch to 23/32 inches.
- 1/64 inch stubble setting.
- Turbo boost button boosts cutting and fan speed.
This is a 110 volt cordless beard device that comes in a box with the trimmer, charging adapter and a cleaning brush.
It is not designed for those people who are looking for a clean close shave but it is meant for those who maintain beards or at least scruff. It should also be mentioned that no trimmer will give you a clean shave like a razor but this one cuts pretty close.
keep in mind that the vacuum on this device is designed to catch most of the cut hairs, but it will not catch 100% of them. Still, keeping the cut hair chamber clean does help the suction.
There are 19 settings available which will give you a great flexibility in any size of beard you want to maintain and there is a special setting size just for stubble. This is one of the reasons this trimmer is a popular choice for lots of men with so many guys maintaining a stubble these days.
Overall, we like this beard trimmer and find that the vacuum system can help reduce after trimming clean-up.
For those who plan on trimming and maintaining a beard, this tool is really good and a popular choice of users.
User Reviews of the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300
Reviews for the Philips Norelco QT4070/41 are very good. While a majority of users do like it and some state that it is the best trimmer they have ever owned, some others disagree feeling that it doesn’t trim so evenly and few passes are required.
The following features are the ones users have found beneficial:
- Ergonomic design which makes it easy and comfortable to hold.
- The vacuum works reasonably good. I would point out here that if you keep the chamber clean, the suction would be a lot better.
- It does a good job trimming beards including stubble.
- The blades stay sharp and can last you for a long time.
Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion All in One Trimmer Review
Wahl has been making men’s grooming products since 1919 and the Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion All In One Trimmer combines the Wahl quality with a long lasting lithium ion battery for a longer running period.
Some of its features are:
- Made of steel and plastic.
- Lithium ion battery.
- 5 minute quick charge and 1 hour full charge.
- 3 beard guides, ear and nose detailer, dual foil shaver and T blade trimmer with 3 guide combs.
The Wahl 9854-600 is a well designed trimmer that comes with a lot of accessories. When you open the box you get the unit, trimmer blade, detail blade, dual shaver, T-blade, beard guide combs (stubble, medium and full 6 position comb), T-blade combs (1/8”, 1/4” and 3/8”) charger beard comb, brush, blade oil and a styling guide.
One of the most impressive things regarding this device is the short recharging time, just one hour. Most trimmers take 8 hours or more of recharging.
It has a powerful motor after Wahl have done some improvements to it and they claim that it has twice the power now compared to other ordinary trimmers.
It is useful that it comes with a carry bag that fits everything inside, especially if you don’t have any other carry case handy. It should also be noted that the nose and ear trimmer is not quite as high quality as the trimmer itself.
Overall, Wahl products are well designed and made. We do like this trimmer and we are particularly impressed that it comes with a lithium ion battery.
Wahl 9854-600 Trimmer reviews fall above average. Most men find that this grooming device is good for all their needs. So, here are some of the benefits customers pointed out in their reviews:
- Multi-Use Trimmer: Men like the fact that this is good for trimming hair, beard, sideburns and mustache.
- Long Battery Life: They are really satisfied with the long battery life that it offers.
- Lots of Attachments: Although they may nt use all the attachments, customers are pleased that they have so many to choose from.
- Quick Charging: 5 minutes fast charging was also something that the users really appreciated especially when in a hurry.
Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless Mustache & Beard Trimmer Review
This Panasonic ER-GB40 Cordless Mustache & Beard Trimmer is an all in one hair, beard and body trimmer which can be used for both wet and dry shaving. Here’s some of its features:
- Can be used to trim hair, beard and body.
- Fully immersible in water.
- 50 minute usage on a 15 hour charge.
- 19 settings.
- Rubber grip handle.
- Includes AC charger stand, cleaning brush and 3 comb attachments.
This is designed to be used anywhere on the body. It comes suited for 120 volts and has a NICad battery. The long charge time may not be so convenient only for some people who shave twice a day.
We are impressed with the fact that this is an all over trimmer and feel that it does a reasonable job on trimming hair. We also find the 15 hour charge time to be a bit excessive but we do like that this product can be used in the shower, which helps to reduce after trim clean up.
19 length settings ranging between 1 mm to 10mm give a wide choice to have your hair at a desired length. The settings intervals are 0.5mm.
It would have been nice, though, to have some indicator light which tells us when the device is fully charged. I used to have a trimmer which had the same problem and I overcame that by leaving it on charge all night so it was ready by the morning.
Reviews for the Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless trimmer are quite good. However, some users think that the long battery charging time is an inconvenience they could do without.
Still, most people feel that this device has the following advantages:
- Does a decent job shaving and trimming. Most users commented that one or two passes are sufficient to get an even trim.
- It is quite easy to change the settings to your desired length and you don´t have to keep changing combs since just a simple rotation of dial is needed to get to the required length.
- Performs exceptionally well when trimming beards.
- Users liked the fact that it is fully immersible in water and very convenient to wash.
TRYM II Rechargeable Trimmer Review
The TRYM II rechargeable trimmer is designed to be an all in one device suitable for wet and dry shaving. Let’s have a look at its characteristics:
- Trims hair, body, mustache and beard.
- Comes with TRYM charging base, AC adapter, 4 trimming attachments, cleaning brush and oil.
- Professional grade metal blades.
- 110 volts.
- 1 Year warranty.
This is suited for full body trimming and grooming. It operates on a non replaceable NiCad rechargeable battery and has several different lengths to make it possible to trim your hair or beard to the exact length you want.
Although you need to be careful to allow the battery to run down before charging or you will risk shortening the life of the NiCad battery, we find that when the battery is charged correctly, it does have a long life compared to other trimmers.
We also like the fact that this product is designed to trim hair all over the body and thus it can provide users with some savings as they may only need one trimmer instead of two or three.
The cutting performance is very good as they are now using sharper and higher quality blades compared to their previous models.
The trimming attachments are available in 1.8mm, 3mm, 6mm and 9mm length, which is normally sufficient for most trimming and grooming jobs. However, keep in mind that it may not be suitable for a 5-o-clock shadow look.
Reviews for the TRYM II rechargeable trimmer are quite positive. Most users believe that it does the job they expected it to do and does it quite well.
Features they found most helpful include:
- A strong battery life which is helpful if you are grooming your body.
- The trimmer looks very sleek and well designed.
- Gives a look of elegance in the bathroom and you will like displaying it on the counter instead of keeping in the drawer like other trimmers.
- Comes with good accessories.
Remington MB4040 Lithium Ion Beard and Stubble Trimmer Review
The Remington MB4040 Lithium Ion Powered Men’s rechargeable mustache, beard and stubble trimmer is designed for those men who want a powerful trimmer to care for their facial hair. This is not a hair or body trimmer and doesn’t pretend to be.
Some of its features are:
- Lithium powered battery.
- Titanium coated blades.
- Cordless 120 minutes run time.
- 3 precision ground blades.
- 9 length settings.
The MB4040 is a well made mustache, beard and stubble trimmer that is designed to be used with replaceable blades and with the cord if the battery dies. It comes with the charger and 3 extra precision ground blades to make those difficult trimming jobs easier. It is not waterproof so you can’t use it in the shower.
This is a well designed and easy to use trimmer that does a good job at keeping your beard, mustache or stubble looking neat and tidy. It doesn’t contain all the bells and whistles of a lot of the trimmers on the market, but what it does, it seems to be doing it exceedingly well.
The blades’ quality is very good as they are titanium coated and self-sharpening. An additional convenient feature of the blades is that they are self-oiling, so you never have to worry about lubricating them. 9 length settings give you a wide choice of hair length.
Reviews and ratings for the Remington MB4040 are quite good. Overall, most people have had a great experience with this device and really liked the following pros:
- Users are very happy with its simplicity. The rotary dial is convenient to change the length of cut.
- The head and the blades are easy to clean and maintain.
- The guards are extremely sturdy and there is no possibility of it slipping into a different length setting.
- Trims very well without any pulling.
- Good battery life and lasts a long time.
- Excellent for those who want to maintain a stubble look.
In conclusion, finding the best cordless beard trimmer to suit your needs is a step that can enhance your grooming routine and make it easier, so our top choices of cordless devices in this review can help you have a clear idea of what these trimmers can do.