Baxter Of California Oil Free Moisturizer For Men Review
If you are a man that hates greasy moisturisers which you can feel heavy on your skin but still need something to give you a layer of moisture, a sense of protection and a soothing effect after your shaving, then Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer is a fairly good option and in this review we will look at both its pros and cons.
A little about the Manufacturer
Baxter of California has been around since 1965 focusing on creating specialized for the men’s needs grooming products.
It was interesting to find that the company started its journey by launching a skin conditioner for men that offered protection against the sun and the drying effect that the salty water of the sea can have.
Since then, a lot has changed and now Baxter of California provides a full range of men’s products covering their skin and hair care needs as well as promoting their daily shaving experience.
In addition, all of their products are tested and tried out at their award-winning Baxter Barber and Shop which is in Los Angeles.
This facial moisturizer for men is oil-free and therefore it absorbs quickly restoring the skin’s moisture. It also soothes the skin, which is something that all men need after their shave, and reduces the shine on their face which appears because of the natural oil that the skin produces.
This product contains antioxidants and other botanical ingredients that protect the skin against the damage that the free radicals afflict to the skin, which leads to aging skin, and therefore it can reduce any signs of premature aging.
Aloe Vera and Chamomile help soothe skin inflammation while the green tea is an antioxidant ingredient that helps against aging and keeps the skin more youthful looking and better hydrated. Overall, Baxter of California men’s moisturizer leaves the face feeling refreshed and smooth without any signs of greasiness or shine.
You can use it as a day and night moisturizer and is good to be applied not only on your face but on your neck as well.
What I like about the Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer
- This facial moisturizer for men is contained in a stylish looking easy to squeeze plastic tube.
- The 120 ml of the product is quite a bit of quantity which will keep you going for quite a long time.
- It contains some effective moisturizing natural ingredients such as Squalane, which locks in moisture and helps with wrinkles and fine lines, chamomile, which is soothing, as well as aloe vera which boosts hydration levels and heals the skin leaving it smooth.
- It also contains probably a small percentage of Retinyl Palmitate, since this ingredient appears in the end of the ingredients’ list, but even at a small quantity Retinyl Palmitate can improve the skin’s appearance.
What I don’t like
- It contains parabens and few other chemical preservatives such as Triethanolamine and Butylene Glycol which research has shown that they can potentially irritate and harm healthy skin.
What do User Reviews Say?
- It doesn’t give a greasy or oily feeling, it has a nice texture and spreads well without being sticky.
- Free of scent.
- Moisturizes well and Improves skin texture.
- It helps with combination skin that has dry parts since it soothes those areas and at the same time helps with oiliness.
- Makes skin soft and smooth.
- A little goes a long way.
- Matte finish.
- People use it after shaving.
- It is not an SPF moisturizer.
- A couple of users reported that it causes break outs.
- It is not completely natural.
Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer contains some good and some not so good ingredients. According to most users, it works well at keeping skin moisturized and free of greasiness, making it feel smooth and soft.
If you want a moisturizer that is made by a reputable men’s grooming company, this product is fine but if you want a more boosted moisturizer with stronger anti-aging benefits and less chemical preservatives in it, you can go for something different.