14 Pros Of Using A konjac Sponge To Cleanse My Face
Although konjac sponges have long been in my skin care routine reviews radars, it was only but recently that I remembered I had somewhere hidden two of them and I had never used them.
One is a Bamboo Charcoal Konjac sponge and the other is a white natural one.
The black one is supposed to be used lest often than the white one since it is more suitable for deeper cleansing while the white one can be used every day.
I have only used the black one up to now and after trying it out for several times, here is my 14 pros of using a konjac sponge to cleanse the face.
1) Konjac sponges are the best cleansing solution for those lazy days you just don´t feel like following the same whole cleansing routine again which involves using water, using cleanser, using a muslin cloth, a cotton pad or just your fingers to massage your skin and then rinse off with water.
2) Using a konjac sponge is fun. Konjac sponges are cute and the only thing you need is a small bowl with water to soak them in for a few seconds and then you are ready to go or better ready to cleanse.
3) Konjac sponges give a gentle massage to the skin which is an extra bonus together with the cleansing benefits they provide. The massage is also enjoyable as a feeling but we all know that skin massage can also have other benefits for your face such as boosting micro-circulation of the skin and offering a firming effect.
4) After using my konjac sponge for a few times, I could see that my skin looked brighter and cleaner. If you have some face blemishes, it doesn´t obviously get rid of them at once since, in my case, a specialized exfoliator will do a better job for that. But if you have exfoliated your skin properly, a konjac sponge can keep it at a good condition for a few days before you need to remove dead skin cells again.
5) Konjac sponge is a natural vegan product, so the light foam that it produces is completely free of chemical ingredients.
6) Konjac sponges are perfect for sensitive skin types including prone to acne complexions or mature and dry types of skin. They are good for mature, aging or dry complexions because they also offer a gentle massage and the foam they produce is free of harsh detergents.
7) It is very easy to use a konjac sponge and it saves you time from following your normal cleansing routine and, I would say, some extra movements such as squeezing bottles or pressing pumps. I know, it sounds like a lazy guide to avoid cleansing but believe me using a konjac sponge does not mean you do any compromise in your facial cleansing results.
9) Squeezing and using a konjac sponge is relaxing. If you think about it, konjac sponges are not much different than those anti-stress balls 🙂
10) Konjac sponges are naturally alkaline, which means that they balance the pH of your skin and they contain some very beneficial for the skin elements such as vitamins, copper, iron, zinc, protein, folic acid and more. And of course, all these nutrients go to your skin, remember?
11) Konjac sponges are available in many different types such as French green clay facial sponges, red clay sponges for dry or mature skin types, activated bamboo charcoal konjac sponges and more, so you can specifically choose the one that suits your skin´s needs best.
12) They are 100% biodegradable, so you don´t need to think about what to do with your cleansers´ plastic containers every time they are empty.
13) Konjac sponges are totally free of artificial colors and other additives that are harmful for your skin.
14) They make a great gift to remind your friends that there is a more fun way to cleanse their skin.
Now I am sure that I must have forgotten a few other pros of using a konjac sponge to cleanse your face, but I will certainly update my list if I discover more. After all, my konjac sponges are not hidden somewhere any more but I make good use of them, which reminds me.. I haven´t cleansed my face yet!
If you like, you can also find out more about konjac sponges in our konjac sponge review.