Lac Hydrin lotion reviews can sort out a lot of questions you may have concerning Lac Hydrin Lotion uses and benefits.
It is considered to be one the best treatments for a variety of dry skin conditions as well as other skin issues but many people want to know if this lotion works as well as it claims it does.
For this reason, such reviews can provide useful information to the people that are seeking for effective skin solution products.
What Is the Difference Between Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion and Lac Hydrin 12 Lotion?
Lac Hydrin comes in two different strengths. These strengths are 12% and 5% and they refer to the percentage of Lactic acid in the lotion.
Knowing the difference between Lac Hydrin 12 and Lac Hydrin 5 is important for several reasons. These reasons include:
- Some countries will only sell Lac Hydrin 12 if you have a prescription from your doctor or dermatologist while Lac Hydrin 5 is sold over the counter.
- Since Lac Hydrin 12 contains more than double the percentage of Lactic acid comparing to Lac Hydrin 5, there are specific areas of the body you are advised not to use Lac Hydrin 12. On the contrary, Lac Hydrin 5 can be used on almost all parts of the body.
- It may take a little longer to treat your dry skin condition using Lac Hydrin 5 than it would by using Lac Hydrin 12.
Lac Hydrin 12 Lotion Reviews
Most of these reviewers mention that they were advised to use Lac Hydrin 12 Lotion by their dermatologists for problems relating to eczema, Keratosis Pilaris, and even acne (on their shoulders and back) as well as for a number of other dry skin problems.
In most cases, users were advised to apply this lotion twice a day and a majority did so.
The results over time were actually quite amazing.
- 50% or more of those users who used prescription Lac Hydrin 12 for their Keratosis Pilaris reported that this lotion either completely resolved their skin issue or greatly reduced it. While some users supported seeing a significant reduction of bumps in just 2 or 3 weeks, other users reported they saw a vast improvement after months of use. A few users did not feel that it was effective enough for their Keratosis Pilaris to continue paying the high prescription price.
- Almost everyone who used it to treat their KP, even those who did not find it very effective for their bumps, reported that their skin was softer when using this lotion.
- About 75% of those who used it to treat dry peeling skin issues were satisfied with the results they got from using this lotion.
Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion Reviews
Lac Hydrin 5 lotion contains most if not all of the same ingredients as Lac Hydrin 12. The main difference is that it contains a smaller percentage of Lactic acid.
Lac Hydrin five is used to treat the same conditions as Lac Hydrin 12 but can also be used successfully as a face lotion to treat acne and reduce wrinkles.
Reviews for Lac Hydrin 5 lotion are only slightly less positive than those for Lac Hydrin 12, and this is due in part to the fact that although Lac Hydrin 5 contains less Lactic acid, users still expect it to work as fast as the prescription strength Lac Hydrin 12.
Reviewers who have either never used Lac Hydrin 12 or have more realistic expectations from Lac Hydrin 5 tend to rate Lac Hydrin 5 high in their reviews. Here is what most consumers had to say about the different uses of Lac Hydrin 5 lotion:
- The majority of Lac Hydrin 5 lotion reviews made by people who used this lotion for their facial acne and to treat their fine lines and wrinkles reported that it did help greatly to improve these skin problems and left their skin “dewy” looking. However, many of the users who used this product on their face did state that instead of using it daily, one should only use it 2 or 3 times a week, as daily use may increase rather than decrease acne.
- People found it effective for treating their Keratosis Pilaris in almost the same high percentage as those who used Lac Hydrin 12 although overall users did find that it took a little longer for Lac Hydrin 5 to clear up those skin bumps.
- Those who used Lac Hydrin 5 for dry skin often reported improvement in their condition sometimes within a couple of days.
Overall, most of Lac Hydrin 5 Lotion reviews are very positive and even those few users that mentioned not a great improvement with their KP issues, they still review it as a great moisturizing lotion.