If you are looking for the best Manuka honey facial cleanser to help you with various complexion issues, this review should be of some assistance as we will look at three of these cleansers.
Manuka honey is monofloral honey that is produced by honey bees only in New Zealand and Australia.
This honey is known for its powerful anti-bacterial and skin healing properties which are much greater than of other types of common honey, making it a much sought after ingredient in skin care products, including facial cleansers, manuka honey body lotions and others.
Now Foods Vitamin C and Manuka Honey Cleanser
Now foods skin care products are known for their use of natural ingredients and gentleness. Their Vitamin C and Manuka Honey Cleanser claims to gently, but thoroughly clean your skin, reaching deep down into the pores and gently lifting the dirt and oil away.
- Contains beneficial skin ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, aloe Vera, and natural vitamin E.
- Promotes skin health.
- Deep cleans.
- Brightens skin tone.
- Comes in an 8 fluid ounce bottle.
It has several ingredients that are known to help skin heal from sunburn, cuts, and dryness as well as balance oily and acne prone skin.
The complete ingredient list is as follows: Water, Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, Lauryl Glcoside, Sodium coco-sulfate, Glycerin choudrus Chispus, Glucose and Lactoperoxidase and Glucose Oxidase ( a natural preservative) Vitamin C, Manuka honey, allantoin, Panthenol, Niacin, Vitamin E, Extra virgin olive oil, Orange grapefruit aroma, Citric acid.As you can see from the above list, this product contains several components that can heal skin, prevent aging and exfoliate dead skin cells to leave your complexion looking and feeling healthier overall.
The Vitamins C, E and Niacin, which is B3 vitamin, all provide anti-oxidants which fight the free radicals, one of the major causes of premature wrinkles.
Both Aloe Vera and Manuka honey are known to have skin healing properties while Manuka honey also has anti-bacterial properties which can prevent or reduce acne breakouts.
Manuka honey together with Olive oil help maintain moisture and work as skin softening agents.
How to Use
This facial cleanser is a little runny, so you need to be careful when using. Simply moisten your face with water, apply a fair amount of cleanser to your face as well as neck and massage it in for 1or 2 minutes. Rinse and then pat dry.
What Do The User Reviews Say?
Reviews for this Vitamin C and Manuka honey product are extremely good, with most users really liking the way it smells and works, giving a great feeling of freshness and cleanness.
Here is what users found most useful:
- Cleans Pores Extremely Well– People feel that it cleans deep and extremely well, lifting dirt and oil from the pores and helping prevent oiling buildup and the development of blackheads. They also mention that its deep cleansing ability helps to prevent acne.
- Non Drying– While a couple of users felt that it had a slight drying effect on their skin, the majority of them find it to be non-drying while controlling excess oils.
- Helps Even Skin Tone– A few also stated that it helped to even their skin tone, and others that it brightened their complexion.
NZ Fusion Botanicals Manuka Honey and Manuka Oil Facial Cleanser
The NZ Fusion Manuka Honey and Manuka Oil Facial Cleanser is a nice scented natural facial cleanser designed to clean acne prone, oily, and sensitive skin gently and thoroughly.
Features of this product include:
- Ideal for people with acne prone, oily or sensitive skin.
- Only fresh natural ingredients used.
- Contains both Manuka honey and Manuka oil.
- Contains no artificial colors, fragrances or toxic preservatives.
- Deep cleansing skin cleanser.
- Designed to be non irritating.
The ingredients are designed to help prevent acne, deep cleanse your pores and gently remove dirt, oils and toxins.
These components include: Organic aloe juice, organic lavender, cocomidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocopolyglucoside, Manuka honey, Manuka oil, Hydrolized wheat proteins, Pro-Vitamin B-5, Vitamin E, EDTA.
How to Use
Apply cleanser to your hand or cotton pad and by using an upward motion apply it to damp face, concentrating more on troubled areas. Allow it to sit for 2 minutes and then rinse and pat dry.
There are not a lot of reviews for this product, but the ones that are available are quite positive.
Users find that it is:
- Gentle– People feel that this face cleanser is incredibly gentle on their face, leaving it feeling clean and less dry than most other cleansers they have used. Users with combination sensitive skin also find that it does not cause their skin to break out or get irritated.
- Reduces Acne Breakouts– Although this cleanser is gentle, people’s comments say that it does clean deep down, keeping pores oil and dirt free as well as reducing oily complexions resulting in fewer acne breakouts.
NZ Fusion Manuka Honey Botanical Facial Cleanser
Another NZ Fusion face cleanser is the Manuka Honey Botanical Facial Cleanser, a conditioning product that can also be used as a makeup remover.
- Bioactive Manuka Honey and botanical extracts for protecting the skin.
- Ideal product for use in polluted urban areas.
- Deep Cleansing.
- Unscented and Paraben free.
- No animal testing.
- Comes in a practical and economical 4 fluid ounce container.
Manuka honey is graded (given a number) by its antibacterial strength and it needs to be at least a 10 to be rated at all. The Manuka honey used in this cleanser is rated a 16+.
Apart from Manuka Honey 16+ other ingredients contained include: Cocoamphocetate, Decyl Glucoside, Srcrose Cocoate, Cocomide MIPA, Glyceryl Monostearate, Chamomile, Aloe vera leaf juice, Cucumber, Japanese green tea, Emulsifying Wax NF, Phenoxyethanol, and Caprylyl Glycol.
There are not enough reviews available for this face product but since NZ Fusion is a fairly new company, this is understandable.
Still, some users take on the specific product is extremely positive with people saying it is great at removing make up and leaves the skin soft and well hydrated.
NZ Botanicals is a botanical company which believes in the goodness of fresh natural ingredients which work in synergy to promote a healthier and blemish free skin.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a good quality natural Manuka honey facial cleanser, any one of these three options is a great place to start and get the chance to enhance your daily natural skin care routine.